This coffee region is on the plateau where the Andes mountain range reaches southern Colombia from Ecuador. The Cauca and Popayan plateau is at an average of 1,600 meters above sea level and includes the neighbouring Purace volcano, which has produced the region's rich soils. Lush vegetation due to high rainfall, cloud cover and rich soil conditions make it ideal for coffee cultivation.
- Region - Cauca Valley
- Screen Size - 16 up
- Grade - Excelso EP (European Preparation)
- Harvest Period - September- December (Main Harvest)
- Processing Method - Washed
- Acidity - Medium-High
- Body - Rounded
- Flavour - Spice and cocoa with a smooth body
Want to try some more of our coffees for free?
Come to a free coffee tasting with us in O'Connor, Perth. (WA residents only, sorry!)
1. Visit our training lab website here
2. Book in a time & enter participant names
3. Go to the checkout
4. Enter the discount code: RUBRATASTE