Ethiopia Sidamo Guji NaturalRubra Coffee
Ethiopia has an estimated 1.2 million small-holder coffee farmers, whose plots typically range from 0.5 to 1.0 hectares. Most smallholders use only traditional, organic farming practices. There is a small but fast-growing plantation sector that utilizes more modern agronomic practices and accounts for around 10% of total production.
This particular coffee is grown using shade from indigenous trees with only the red cherries harvested and processed. This is an amazingly fruity and complex Guji, the taste reflecting the high standards of harvesting and processing.
- Region - Guji Kercha Woreda
- Varietal - Heirloom
- Altitude - 1750-1950 MASL
- Process Method - Sundried Natural
- Cupping Score - 87.5
- Acidity - Low to medium
- Aroma - Sweet, candy-like
- Body - Silky, Great length
- Flavour - Complex, big bold fruit flavour, sweet, wine notes, solid body and silky on the palate.